With a Bullet Point: 7 Cure Light Wounds Feats
By Thilo Graf
This pdf from Super Genius Games is 7 pages long, 1 page front cover/introduction, 1 page editorial/SRD, 1 page content presenting 7 new feats that expand the usefulness of the cure light wounds”-spell, let’s check this out!
The feats are:
- Bolstering Cure: If you heal more than the target’s max hp, he retains the superfluous points as temporary HP. (No, they don’t stack.)
- Cloak of Curing: This feat enables you to hold the charge of a cure light wounds spell for a limited number of rounds and do other things (like casting spells) without expending it. Neat!
- Lay on cure: Once a round, cast the spell as a move action instead of a standard action. I’d usually start ranting about double-casts, but the alignment-restriction of the feat as well as its limit to one 1st-level spell makes this an ok choice.
- Lingering Cure: When casting the spell modified by metamagic, the spell heals as if not penalized by the augmentation, but slower over multiple rounds.
- Moderate Mastery: Extends benefits from these feats to cure moderate wounds spells.
- Shared Cure: Lets you split the healing you deliver between yourself and the recipient. Neat!
- Reinforced Cure: Allows you to add a limited selection of beneficial 0-level spells to your cures.
Editing and formatting are top-notch, I didn’t notice any glitches. Layout adheres to SGG’s no-frills bullet-points 3-column layout. The pdf has no bookmarks, but needs none at this length. I’ve said it before in my review of Misfit Studios’ stellar “Superior Fantasy Synergy” and SGG’s “Spiritual Weapon Feats” – I consider the idea of synergy between spells and feats a neat one, especially if a DM wants to reward players with a feat rather than loot. In contrast to the Spiritual Weapon-feats, though, these ones lose some of their appeal at higher levels – even with the expanded options. That being said, moderate mastery alleviates this gripe somewhat and reinforced cure, bolstering cure and Cloak of Curing are all rather cool feats. Due to being less useful in mid-to higher levels, though, I feel like I have to settle for a final verdict of “only” 4 stars for this neat little pdf.
With a Bullet Point: 7 Cure Light Wounds Feats is available from:
If you have enjoyed this review, please consider donating a small amount of money to help support this website.
Thank you for your support!