By Thilo Graf
This pdf from Super Genius Gamesis 4 pages long, 1 page front cover, 1 page editorial/SRD, leaving us with 2 pages of content for 5 new magical properties that can exclusively be added to silver weapons, making the material matter more than for bypassing DR.
It should be noted that the enhanced power of these properties comes at a slightly reduced damage. The materials are:
· Argentum: Healer’s silver, these items help you cure diseases, not be afflicted by them and also can suspend the disease of foes and learn their respective natures.
· Frostscale: Etched with the symbol of a dragon, these weapons allow the wielder as a full round to make a melee attack against a foe at 25 ft. + 5 ft. per 2 BAB-bonuses that exclusively deals cold damage. Very cool!
· Mirrored: Temporarily disable gaze attacks with these nice toys.
· Scrying: Help against illusions and enable you to potentially even hit invisible foes.
· Shapebinding: Help against transmutation spells and temporarily suppress shapechanging of hit foes.
The pdf also provides a form of bonus content that enables an alchemist silver weapon to be made a subtype bane weapon against shapechangers.
Editing and formatting are very good, though I noticed some minor glitches. Layout adheres to SGG’s 3-column standard and the pdf has no bookmarks, but needs none at this length. I really like the idea of this pdf to make material exclusive enchantments available and the execution, although not always wholly innovative (shapebinding, srcying and argentum using slightly similar mechanics), remain an excellent buy that provides enough innovation and nice content to warrant the low price. Now I’d love to see more in the style and once the basics have been covered, perhaps even ones for Rite Publishing’s recently released “101 Special Materials and Power Components”. My only gripe with them is aforementioned minor repetition and the fact that they are all similarly balanced, resulting in a final verdict of 4 stars.
With a Bullet Point: 5 Silver Weapon Magic Properties is available from: