By Thilo Graf
This pdf is 10 pages long, 1 page front cover and 1 page SRD, leaving 8 pages of feats.
I like the concept of achievement feats as a kind of reward for PCs that is not another magic item and, while I’d never give my players this book (to prevent meta-gaming) I welcome the idea. Now let’s check out the execution:
- A Cog in the Clockwork Goddess: Use Master Craftman to create Golems.
- A Friend to Beasts: Be a friend to beasts.
- Abundant Fists: Get magic fists.
- Addled Wits: Too many hits on the head make you braver.
- All Gnolls must die: Carry a trophy, get bonuses against a kind of enemy.
- Animal Friend: Wild Shape empathy with one kind of animal.
- At your Fingertips: Casting the same spell x times from a wand gave it too you as a SP.
- Beacon of Life: Channel Energy makes you lethal to Undead.
- Centre of the Whirlwind: Peaceful martial artist.
- Chainbreaker: Rescuer of the Oppressed.
- Child of Wonder: Gnome-only, helps against bleaching.
- Conditioned Rage: Extra Rage.
- Contractually Obligated: Take 10 to negotiate contracts.
- Cypher: Use Linguistics to disable glyphs as a rogue.
- Deal Maker: People like you, make hostile people friendly.
- Destroyer of Works: Ignore half of hardness, kill constructs.
- Devil’s Foe: Good attacks slay devils.
- Dragonslayer: Carry trophy, immune to frightful presence, bypass dragon-DR.
- Elemental Preference: Befriend one type elemental, become enemy of another.
- Flame-tested Survivor: Guarded from Flames.
- Four Walls: Beig good at breaking from prisons.
- Get out of my Way: Overrun/bull rush them away.
- Giant Killer: Kill Giants.
- Gifted Illusionist: Illsuion becomes spell-like ability.
- Gifted Mesmerist: Charm or Compulsion as spell-like ability.
- Graverisen: Evade Death.
- Healer’s Touch: Get better at healing.
- History of Scars: Penalty to CHA, natural armour.
- Inherent Smite: Enemies you smite suffer for retaliation attacks.
- Ingrained Casting: Scroll spell becomes spell-like ability.
- Look over there: Kill via feint + sneak attack.
- Lycanthropic Bane: Carry wolfbane, kill lycanthropes.
- The Magic in Music: Cast both spells and play bardic music.
- Master Alchemist: Better Alchemist fire.
- Master Healer: Better at treating deadly wounds.
- Master Slayer: Better killer of favoured enemies.
- Master of Wands: Ignore wand-charges.
- Mouse Stomper: Good at killing smaller creatures.
- My Senses are tingling: Blindsense for you.
- Pathfinder: Good at finding your way when lost.
- Planewalker: Sense planar portals.
- Relentless Butcher: Stunning Criticals.
- Self-made Hero: Write your own legend.
- Taint from the Other Side: Negative levels via your Crits.
- Traps Can’t Touch me: Trap Sense.
- Vital Life Force: Heal ability damage faster.
- Wave Touch: Gain tremorsense in water.
- Weak Life Force: Hide from Undead.
- Whip Master: Blind opponents via Whip critical.
- Without Warning: Act first, though your initiative is abysmal.
The file came with a bonus, a fluff-text on Sulliwa, the tainted forest. (1 page)I liked this bonus content.
Formatting and editing is top-notch, wording and presentation are concise. I Didn’t notice any typos.
As mentioned in the beginning, I like the concept of achievement feats. However, some of them seemed to be a bit off on the power-chart for my tastes and some had none of them really baffled me as genius. The bonus-file was a nice touch, though. I’ll settle for a 3.5-star rating, rounded down to 3 – a solid file that, if you like the idea, should check out. If you don’t like the idea, you still won’t like it after reading this book.
You can buy this product from: