By Thilo Graf
This pdf from Super Genius Gamesis 4 pages long, 1 page front cover (featuring the model Jenny Pousin in a rather erotic pose), 1 page SRD/editorial, leaving 2 pages of content for 7 lust-themed feats, so let’s check them out!
The first feat, which is the prerequisite for a multitude of them would be
- Lustful: This feat enables you to seduce foes via diplomacy and use of your good looks and sexy wiles. If you indulge in carnal activities, you also get to experience an afterglow and add +1 to Con, cha or Dex-based checks, caster level or damage.
- Brazen: When wearing revealing clothing, you can add a bonus to initiative and cha-based checks.
- Masochist: When a crit is scored against you, when you’re damaged while grappled, pinned, affected by a pain effect or helpless etc., you can gain the benefits of the lustful feat. You also get a minor bonus to concentration and endurance-based checks.
- Sadist: When you crit against a foe, when you damage a helpless target or use a pain effect on foes, you gain the lustful bonuses. Also, your pain effects and weapon damage are improved slightly.
- Wanton: Any effect to have you engage in carnal activities via magic, diplomacy etc. is considered as passing a simple message. Creatures that control you have to succeed a will-save to take an act that would cause you serious physical harm and get a massive bonus to talk others into following you to a secluded place.
- Wriggle: Distract a creature grappling you and inflict massive penalties on it. Better, the effects stack depending upon your charisma – great design on this one!
- Writhe: +10 to concentration while being grappled.
Editing and formatting are top-notch, I didn’t notice any glitches. Layout adheres to a 3-column landscape format and the pdf has no bookmarks, but needs none at this length. I am generally wary of lust-themed material, as it often devolves into being cheesy. These feats don’t, though. While I did enjoy the presentation of them, all but wriggle and wanton felt a bit on the weak side. There’s also a minor pet-peeve of mine: While lustful feats are not evil per se, they draw upon the deadly sins and Masochist and Sadist both have the feat-type, making them both tainted. I’ve written it before and I write it again: I’m sick and tired of the “BDSM is evil” sentiment and representation thereof in RPGs and while THANKFULLY the feats don’t require the characters to be evil, the taint of lustful feats leaves a slightly sour tinge in my mouth, though not one half as bad as I’ve seen in other publications over the years. Generally, I’d consider this collection to be well worth the low price of admission and thus my final verdict will clock in at a solid 4 stars.
With a Bullet Point: 7 Sinful Feats of Lust is available from: