By Thilo Graf
All right, you know the deal – 3 pages, 1 front cover, 1 editorial/SRD, 1 content – let’s check it out!
The feats herein are intended for Marc Radle’s stellar spell-less ranger-class, released by Open Design, so what do we get?
- Bestial Surge: Call upon an animal to get a bonus on a skill or encumbrance 3+Cha-mod times per day. Cool to reflect a belief steeped in totems etc., but staying firmly in the non-magical territory.
- Blood Enemies: Temporarily gain a favoured enemy-bonus as a swift action against an enemy who dealt damage to you and who was damaged by you.
- Defensive Lore: Gain 1/2 favoured enemy-bonus on saves against spells and abilities of the class of foes.
- Improved Hunting Bond: Grant half your favoured enemy bonus to all your allies for a short period of time.
- Take Cover: Gain cover as a move action when in favoured terrain. Awesome, cool feat!
- Woodland Juggernaut: Benefit from Ranger-abilities usually reserved to being usable in light and medium armour in heavy armour. Neat!
Editing and formatting are top-notch, I didn’t notice any glitches. Layout adheres to SGG’S 3-column standard and the pdf has no bookmarks, but needs none at this length. I’m a big fan of 3pp-synergy and thus I do enjoy that Marc Radle’s class gets some further love from SGG. As was to be expected from Crunch-Overlord Owen K.C. Stephens, the mechanics are rock-solid, the ideas are cool and in the end, I can’t complain about this one: Excellent feats for an excellent class and cool synergy indeed – 5 stars.
With a Bullet Point: 6 Spell-Less Ranger Feats is available from: