This pdf is 5 pages long, 1 page front cover, 1 page editorial, 1 page SRD, leaving us with 2 pages of content – so let’s take a look at those teamwork traits!
So what are these teamwork traits? Essentially, they constitute a subset of social traits – essentially netting either you, your allies, or both a bonus. A Total of 15 traits are provided:
- Always by your side: Choose one an ally. You count as if you have heal as a class skill and treat your character level as heal ranks when treating that character. Rather cool!
- Armed Together: Works only in conjunction with another ally taking the trait: 1/day, you may act on your ally’s initiative count for one round. Your initiative does not change and you may only use it if you haven’t yet acted in this round.
- Bait and Tactics: Also works only in conjunction with an ally. 1/day, a foe you successfully feint is treated as flat-footed for your chosen ally.
- Competitive Friendship: When challenging an ally to do the same task you just performed, you grant that ally the aid another bonus to all rolls associated with the task – now usable 1/day. No complaints!
- Entourage (New One): Select an ally or NPC – when accompanying said character, you get +2 to social skill checks when interacting with others.
- Encouraging Words: As a free action, net allies a pep talk that grants them +2 to a will save. Nice!
- Follow my Lead: Allies following in your wake through difficult terrain do not incur movement penalties. Cool idea and now also features a caveat that makes gaming it impossible – two thumbs up!
- Forgotten Face (New One): When not being looked at, you reduce the DC of e.g. pick pocketing and similar skills by 2 as long as the target is distracted.
- Hype Man (New One!): You can hype up a crowd via social skills to lower the DC for follow up performances/social skill checks.
- Jealous of your Rival: Select a rival: When said Rival fails an atk, save or skill check and you witness it, 1/day you get a +2 trait bonus to your next d20 roll.
- Just a Friendly Hand: 2/week, increase the aid another bonus you grant by +2. Nothing to complain about here!
- On your Feet (New One): 1/day use an move action to lift up a prone ally. You provoke AoOs, but your ally does not – cool to step in and save the mage! Nice!
- Till Death Do Us Part: Choose a spouse – when said character drops unconscious or dead, you get +1 to atk and damage until you can verify that character’s condition. Nice, though perhaps it’s the romantic buried below a mountain of cynicism speaking, but personally, I would have preferred this to be a feat with more significant bonuses.
- Together, We Ride: 1/day, get a +2 bonus to ride checks or net an ally +4 to that ally’s ride check. Two thumbs up!
- Working Together Makes the World Go Faster: 1/month When working with an ally who also has this trait, you and your ally add your Profession skill checks together when working for money and then each get the gold pieces of this combined check. Now a rather cool option for downtime money-earning.
Editing and formatting are very good in the revised edition.. Layout adheres to Amora Games’s two-column b/w-standard and the pdf has no bookmarks, but needs none at this length.
I usually HATE reviewing trait-books. They tend to be(though not always) BOORING. Not so this one – quite the contrary in fact: By focusing on teamwork, these traits provide some rather iconic, cool options and foster friendship in and out-game, making for neat roleplaying catalysts – and they generally are well-crafted. In fact, this revised edition provides some of the coolest traits I’ve seen in quite a while and as an added bonus, Amora Game makes this an ongoing project – you may submit new teamwork traits to the project! Coming at a very fair price, having exorcized the issue I had with the first iteration and adding some cool new bonus content to boot, this pdf now is a great offering all about working together and well worth a final verdict of 5 stars + seal of approval – congratulations to designer Greg LaRose!
Supporting Roles: Teamwork Traits is available from:
If you have enjoyed this RPG review, please consider donating a small amount of money to help support this website.
Thank you for your support!