#1 With a Bullet Point: 9 Armiger Feats
By Thilo Graf
This pdf from Super Genius Games is 3 pages long, 1 page introduction/front, 1 page SRD, leaving 1 page for the 9 new feats of the Armiger. Let’s check it out!
- Armoured Hulk: Gain armour check penalty as bonus to CMD vs. bull rush, drag, grapple, reposition, overrun and trip.
- Brace for Impact: Treat all 1-and 2-handed weapons as braced. If you brace, you get +2 to attack to roll and AC.
- Hard to Kill: Convert limited amounts of damage into non-lethal damage. This is in addition to the DR the Armiger gets.
- Helmed Confidence: Gain a bonus to will-saves when wearing a helmet.
- Push back: If you resist a selection of combat manoeuvres, you may make an attack of opportunity/shield bash.
- Shield Crush: deal more damage with shield bashes and threaten more criticals with the shields.
- Shield Parry: Gain more Ac-bonus when using combat expertise with shields.
- Shrug it off: Use your tower shield to get limited amounts of temporary hit points.
- Soak it up: Retroactively adds hp for all class levels and future levels and change HD you gain in future levels: d12 e.g. becomes 1d8+4. However, it is not explained how this ability interacts with the armiger’s “always at least 6 points on a d12”-rule, which is somewhat of a pity.
Editing and formatting are top-notch, I didn’t notice any glitches. layout adheres to SGG’S 3-column-standard. The pdf has no bookmarks, but neither does it need them. I did enjoy these feats, although the Armiger-class probably won’t ever be my favourite. What somewhat bugs me, is that “Soak it up” needs a clarification, otherwise it actually makes the Armiger (d12+ Con-mod, at least 6+con-mod) WEAKER: 1d8+4+con-mod may result in having less HP than before! This being a major hick-up, my final verdict will be 4 stars.
#1 With a Bullet Point: 9 Armiger Feats is available from: